Seeking Nerdy Bookkeeper (Active March 5, 2013)
Hello! Mimoco, the consumer electronics meets designer toy studio based in Boston, MA (Allston)
has an immediate opening for an experienced part-time Bookkeeper to join our team. The Bookkeeper will maintain Mimoco’s financial transactions, have receivables and payables responsibility, and will report and remit royalties for the myriad licensing contracts in our portfolio. The role reports directly to the CEO.
If you’re a meticulously detailed and analytical individual who excels at Excel, is a Quickbooks pro, runs on numbers, and understands cash flow and royalty reporting you should keep reading. We’re seeking a Bookkeeper to keep our books current, report quarterly royalties, project sales, reconcile bank statements,
and other fun and challenging accounting operations.
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume to teamoco[AT]mimoco[DOT]com. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, agencies, recruiters, or outsourcing providers.
- Manage and upkeep of royalty payments and transactions including quarterly royalty reporting.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts like accounts payable by verifying, allocating, coding and posting transactions.
- Prepare bank reconciliation and reconciliation of other key general ledger accounts.
- Maintains general ledger and responsible for accuracy of account balances.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, licensors, suppliers, vendors, and banking contacts
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Record customer service bookkeeping transactions.
- Support wholesale sales department with order processing, account set-up, and other activities.
- Manages receivables and payables.Performs other duties assigned by CEO.
- Expert Excel and Quickbooks user.
- 3+ years experience employing royalty reporting/bookkeeping/accounting techniques, procedures, and best practices.
- Data entry skills, with strict and thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results-oriented with strong bias for action and ability to optimize initiatives and quickly correct course.
- Analytical. Able to quickly assess and track trends, troubleshoot, comprehend, and communicate results.
- Tenacious and resourceful problem solver.
- Pop culture consumer with passion for comic books, sci-fi, anime, gaming, music, art, toys, and/or film.
Seeking Production & Fulfillment Stars (Active March 5, 2013)
Hello! Mimoco, the consumer electronics meets designer toy studio based in Boston (Allston), MA has immediate full time and part time openings for Star team players to assist our growing venture with production and fulfillment responsibilities.
Shipping/receiving, pick-pack, warehouse, and/or customer service experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Potential for long 10+ hour days, and occasional weekends.
We seek upbeat, hard-working, crafty, quick-learning, meticulously detailed, and personable individuals with an appreciation for the popular arts and who enjoy working in both a creative and hyper-paced environment. You must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and be extremely organized and punctual.
Compensation: $8-$10/hour to start, based upon experience.
This is a very exciting time for Mimoco and we look forward to welcoming dynamic, dedicated individuals to contribute to our continued success!
- Fulfillment of customer orders
- Purchasing packaging supplies
- Inventory management
- Packaging and light assembly
- Database administration
- Customer support
- Shipping/receiving, pick-pack, warehouse, and/or customer service experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
Seeking Sales Associate (Active March 5, 2013)
Boston-based consumer products Company has immediate full time and part time openings for team players to assist our growing venture with sales administration responsibilities. We are looking for jazzed-up recent graduates or humans with minimal-to-moderate work experience who are ready to work hard and efficiently (occasional nights/weekends/whenever needed). We seek upbeat, hard-working, crafty, quick-learning, meticulously detailed, and personable individuals with an appreciation for the popular arts and who enjoy working in both a creative and hyper-paced and stressful start-up environment. You must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and be extremely organized and punctual.
- Processing and tracking wholesale orders
- Shipping logistics
- Inventory management
- Accounts receivable
- Database administration
- Follow-up with perspective customers
- General administration (filing emails, faxing, answering phones, etc.)
- Actively promoting and maintaining our positive and fun work environment.
Sales, bookkeeping, and/or customer service experience required as is an acute attention to detail and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Office, etc.
Accepting resumes with cover letters immediately, interviews to follow. Please include a reference from your college or any other work experience.
Compensation: $10/hour to start.