Mimoco, The Designer Electronic Accessories Maker Seeks Sales Administrator with Pop-Culture Bent (Active August 8, 2013)
Boston-based (Allston, MA), Mimoco, Inc. makes stylish consumer electronics accessories and is best known for our line of MIMOBOT® character-based designer USB flash drives. After we make it, we sell it in the coolest stores on Earth. That’s where you come in. We are seeking a Star Team Player to join our young company and plug into the Sales Admin role to assist our wholesale customers with order processing, scheduling, customer service, and product selection and merchandising. The Sales Admin will report to the CEO and be the critical link between wholesale customers, operations, and the sales organization.
The Sales Administrator, acting as a key voice and representative of the brand, is responsible for the coordination and smooth processing of Mimoco’s wholesale business, including domestic wholesale and international distribution, customer on-boarding, and account management. Mimoco sells to stores such as Best Buy, Nordstrom, MoMA, and KidRobot (i.e., retailers that sell cool stuff) and has a global footprint.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized, communicative, detail-oriented, process-driven, upbeat, self-starting, hard-working team player with a knack for creativity and problem-solving, servicing customer’s needs, and driving revenue and sell through with proactive account management. You will have primary responsibility for inbound sales, order processing, and will support the VP Sales and CEO with work related to key accounts.Primary Responsibilities
• Receive, confirm, and prioritize wholesale purchase orders from domestic and international customers. Ensure accurate and timely order processing regarding assortments, ship dates, pricing, and SKU selection.
• Conduct prompt follow-up to inquiries and aggressively pursue incoming business opportunities. Use salesforce.com to help manage customer relationships and identify and capture sales.
• Coordinate fulfillment with logistics and warehouse team, and provide customer support on order status and delivery.
• Administer order processing dashboard, weekly/monthly/quarterly sales reports and spreadsheets.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with existing and new retail accounts (primarily via email and phone correspondence with retail buyers and distributor sales directors).
• Identify, engage, qualify and close new wholesale accounts and international distributors.
• Compile and maintain customer metrics to meet internal and external sales goals.
• Work independently and resourcefully to establish and document standard operating procedures.
• Create sales and marketing collateral to be distributed via tradeshows, online sales portal, and email marketing campaigns.
• BS/BA in Sales, Marketing, or Business preferred.
• 2-5 years experience as an associate in a sales, marketing, bookkeeping, and/or customer service role, preferably in a consumer or lifestyle products company.
• Pop-culture enthusiast, versed in the language of our consumer, ie fans of Hello Kitty, Star Wars, Adventure Time, My Little Pony, Transformers, DC Comics, South Park, Star Trek, etc.
• Tactful communicator with superior relationship management and customer service skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills with ability to multi-task.
• Process oriented, methodical, and attentive to details.
• A strong work ethic, positive attitude, sense of humor, enthusiastic and energetic.
• The competitive drive to succeed and to advance in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced start-up company with minimal supervision.
• High degrees of persistence, resiliency, and integrity. Excellent follow up and follow through.
• Quantitatively oriented with excellent MS Office Excel spreadsheet proficiency.
• Quickbooks and/or Salesforce experience a plus.
• Exceptional written and verbal interpersonal skills.
• Willing and able to work overtime regularly and during crunch times.
• Travel 2-3 times per year.
• You must perform at Mimoco’s Boston, MA (Earth) HQ.
Qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume to teamoco-sales[AT]mimoco[DOT]com. Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, agencies, recruiters, or outsourcing providers.
Seeking Production & Fulfillment Stars (Active August 1, 2013)
Hello! Mimoco, the consumer electronics meets designer toy studio based in Boston (Allston), MA has immediate full time and part time openings for Star team players to assist our growing venture with production and fulfillment responsibilities.
Shipping/receiving, pick-pack, warehouse, and/or customer service experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Potential for long 10+ hour days, and occasional weekends.
We seek upbeat, hard-working, crafty, quick-learning, meticulously detailed, and personable individuals with an appreciation for the popular arts and who enjoy working in both a creative and hyper-paced environment. You must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and be extremely organized and punctual.
Compensation: $8-$10/hour to start, based upon experience.
This is a very exciting time for Mimoco and we look forward to welcoming dynamic, dedicated individuals to contribute to our continued success!
- Fulfillment of customer orders
- Purchasing packaging supplies
- Inventory management
- Packaging and light assembly
- Database administration
- Customer support
- Shipping/receiving, pick-pack, warehouse, and/or customer service experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.